Your privacy is very important to us
Information We Collect
The information we collect varies depending upon your activities when visiting our site. We collect information you choose to provide to us in connection with your activities on the site. We provide free and for-purchase consumables that require collecting certain information from you for downloading and e-commerce transactions, and subscription services, for logging into password-protected areas of our Sites, and for other reasons identified at the point of collection.
The information you share with us may include:
• Basic personal details – such as name, title and date of birth;
• Personal contact details – such as home address, delivery address, home phone number, mobile phone number, and email address;
• Work details – such as job title, department, company name, company address, work email address and office phone number;
• Log in details – such as username and password;
• Payment details – such as your bank account and payment card information;
Information Obtained through Cookies and Similar Tools
We us cookies (and similar technologies) and other analytics tools across our Sites to collect information about you. This information is stored in log files and can include internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of computer or mobile device, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, pages viewed and order of pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, your operating system, date/time stamp, processor or device serial number, unique device identifier, and clickstream data. We collect and store this information on an individual basis and in aggregate, or combined, form. We also collect both user-specific and aggregate information on what pages visitors’ access or visit and we may connect other automatic information collected with a unique, user identification.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
• User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you complete one of our general enquiry forms, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences within your account or by contacting us.
• Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information. For example, where we are aware of copyright infringements on our Site, it is in our legitimate interests as a business to identify those responsible. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
• Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are a subscriber of our services, we would need to process your delivery address to fulfill your subscription.
• Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law. For example, we process and retain customer invoice information to comply with financial regulations.
How we use collected information
Milton Financial Market Research Institute LLC may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
EU Privacy Rights
Users who reside in the UK or in the European Economic Area have certain rights relating to the personal information we hold in accordance with and subject to the privacy laws to: (i) check whether we hold personal information about you and to access such data (in accordance with our policy); (ii) request the correction of personal information about you that is inaccurate; (iii) have a copy of the personal information we hold about you provided to you or another controller where technically feasible; (iv) request the erasure of your personal information; and (v) request the restriction of processing concerning you. To do so, please send your request to [email protected] and write “EU Privacy Rights”.
You may make a complaint in accordance with applicable privacy laws to a supervisory authority.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Milton Financial Market Research Institute LLC
This document was last updated on January 12, 2021